A resume is a necessity in every career field, even a spa and beauty one. So yes… it is important to create a cosmetology resume that highlights your skills and qualifications. With these tips below, you will be on your way to landing the job of your dreams!
- The heading of your every resume should state your name, address, phone number, and email. Make sure to create a professional email address for communications between yourself and career professionals free of “xo” “lil” “sexy”… you get the idea!
- In the objective, write what you want your cosmetology job employer to know. This is your chance to outline your skills, your expertise, and your ambitions.
- The education portion of your resume is key in showcasing your licensure and accreditations. Include the name of your school, dates of attendance, awards, specialized courses/certifications, internships, etc.
- The experience section of the resume can be approached in a couple different ways. As long as you list professional experience, dates you worked at these locations, and a summary of skills and tasks at these jobs, your background will be come to life on your resume. If you do not have any past cosmetology jobs to list, include the skills you currently have and go into detail about the educational classes youa added to enhance them.
- As a bonus, create a one-page sheet showcasing a variety of your best work. This really gives the employer a look into what you can do!
Do you have any tips on cosmetology resumes? Let us know below!