For the past few years, everyone has wanted to have a smoky eye, and with the Kardashian’s lovin‘ their eye makeup, the look has become more and more popular. The thing about smoky eyes, though, is that unless you’re on your way to becoming a beauty professional, it’s not that easy to actually correctly achieve it!
That’s why we’re opening up your eyes to the step by steps you’ll need to smoke away…
1. First, cover all of your eyelid with concealer; foundation is fine, too, if it’s creamy). This will form a smooth base for your makeup.
2. Next, using a pencil eyeliner, draw a thin line along the top lash line from the inner corner of the eye to the outer corner. Next, trace the bottom lash line from the inner to outer corner. Finally, take a cotton swab and smudge the lines so they are not stark stripes and to remove any clumps left by the pencil. The farther the color is from the lashes, the more it should fade.
3. Finally, it’s shadow time. Brush the powder shadow over the surface of the lid, including into the crease. You are going to want to brush outward and upward.
4. Next, use a little of the light powder shadow across the brow bone, blending lightly. Start the light shadow a little inside of the inner corner eye. This brightens and opens up the eye.
5. Finally, use your favorite mascara.
Now, don’t be afraid to play with the shadings — different colors and shades may complement different complexions!
And if you’re so into makeup that a career in cosmetology may be in your future, read more about what it takes to earn a cosmetology license.